[Gimp-user] Adding a Grid - No Right-Side Border?

Hello!

I'm trying to split a section into a grid of evenly sized squares with
identical borders.  I can apply the grid filter just fine, but it
doesn't apply any border down the right side of the image.  How can I
get that included?

(I know, utter noob question, but I don't know what terms to search
for to find the answer I'm sure has been posted.)

Thank you!

Remember that Gimp works in pixels and some size canvases will never be exact.

In the Grid dialogue, the width (or height) size **includes** the line width.
You can mess with trial-and-error or to calculate possible values.

Deduct the required line width from the canvas size. In the example 200 pix - 5
pix (line width) = 195

Required number of grid rectangles = 7    Dividing 195 by 7 = 27.8 pix. Gimp
works in pixels, nearest is 28 pix. Shown in the attachment.

You can see this is not exact. There is a one pixel mis-match. You can have on
one side or the other by using a 1 pix offset value, or you can increase the
canvas size by that one pixel.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1190/original/01-grid.jpg

--