[Gimp-user] saving DDS files

I am a new user to Gimp and I am trying to convert various textures to
dds format for use in the game Skyrim.  Specifically, converting them
to transparencies. These are two before/after images of one I am
working on. The one img is a transparent png files and the second is
the result as viewed on my player. This result is the usual outcome.
How do I get the img clarity to transfer to the exported DDS file?

It might help someone give you a meaningful answer if you give a few more
details.

Gimp 2.10.12 will export a dds file in various formats. If you are not using the
latest version you should update.

Which export option do you use? see screenshot 01

The png you posted does not have an alpha channel. Is that intentional?

It does however, resemble an image with transparent areas, exported to a dds
file (DXT5) screenshot 02

Sorry I can not help more. I do not play any computer games.

If you do not get a sensible answer from this forum in a reasonable time, my
advice is, ask your questions on a dedicated games forum.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1224/original/01-dds.jpg
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1225/original/02-dds.jpg

--