[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10 scanner integration under Linux

Hi all.  Has anyone succeeded in scanning from Gimp 2.10 under Linux?  In older
versions the File/Create or earlier File/Acquire options would give options to
run Xsane or ImageScan! for Linux.  I've copied the executables to the plug-ins
directory without any effect.

I know Windows users may be able to use TWAIN drivers but that was the way it
used to be done under Linux in earlier versions, and still works with compatible
plugin executables.

I'm using Gimp 2.10.12 under Ubuntu 18.04, from the snap install in Ubuntu
Software.  I used to use the PPA install but I had huge problems with
dependencies when I tried that for 2.10.  The problem might not be the PPA
itself but I'm very chary of trying it again now I've got a few things working.

If nobody has got scanner integration working for Linux I have a workaround for
ImageScan! that I can post, but would like to know if there's a direct solution
first.

--
grepnil (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)