[Gimp-user] How to cut or combine paths in GIMP

I am trying to do a simple clipping math in GIMP, and I need to combine a
circular path with a bump out to show part of the image that extends beyond the
circular path. In my experience I would either cut the circle or delete a short
section of the circle, then link the end points of the "bump-out" to the new end
points fo the circular path. Alternatively I could have the "bump-out" overlap
the circle, and merge the two.

I can find no "delete path section", "cut path section", or "merge paths"
language (or anything similar) anywhere in the GIMP manual. How would I go about
accomplishing this?

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1097/original/HalvaardAvatar.xcf

--