[Gimp-user] How to cut or combine paths in GIMP

I am trying to do a simple clipping math in GIMP, and I need to
combine a circular path with a bump out to show part of the image that
extends beyond the circular path.

Clipping Path? A nasty PS thing for jpegs? No good trying to apply PS concepts
to Gimp. If you have not already seen this worth a look.

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_Isolate_an_image_and_create_a_clipping_path_for_text_flow

In my experience I would either cut
the circle or delete a short section of the circle, then link the end
points of the "bump-out" to the new end points fo the circular path.
Alternatively I could have the "bump-out" overlap the circle, and
merge the two.

I can find no "delete path section", "cut path section", or "merge
paths" language (or anything similar) anywhere in the GIMP manual.

The section is https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-tool-path.html

How
would I go about accomplishing this?

In pictures: https://i.imgur.com/ayyAcDw.jpg

Ctrl-Shift-click (Command-Shift maybe for Mac) deletes a control point or a
segment between control points

Control points not in the correct place, add as required with Ctrl-click

Gimp is built around plugins and paths are no exception.

Lots here http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-path-tools/files/scripts/  all
python plug-ins

and about 5 down ofn-path-edits.py Comes with documentation on use, although for
joining control points they have to overlap closely.

screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/hDix8IL.jpg

Still using Gimp 2.8? Time to upgrade to Gimp 2.10 (unless of course unlucky to
have a Mac)

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1098/original/HalvaardAvatar-01.xcf