From: gimp-user-list <gimp-user-list-bounces gnome org> on behalf of BWK <forums gimpusers com>
Sent: Friday, January 4, 2019 1:50 PM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] IImprovements to unified transform

I guess likewise also need a way of rotating without having to drag
outside the edge. That would need a rotator modifier key or tool.

The crtitical issue is, when overlaying one aerial photo over another, you
aren't necessarily aligning the edges. Having sizing/skewing handles on the
edges or corners works fine if the edges or corners is what you want to align.
but in this instance, what you are looking to align is features that can be
anywhere within the image (aligning what is in the top layer with what is in the
layer underneath).

--
BWK (via www.gimpusers.com/forums<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>)