[Gimp-user] Scissors tool deleting entire background

Hi Rich,
Thanks for the reply. Problem not solved yet. I do close the circle
but still
things go wrong. If I first close the circle like you say I do not get
the
crawling ants outline. If I press enter after closing the selection I
do get the
crawling ants. If I then press delete it deletes everything "but" the
selection.
The layer that I am working in has a yellow and black outline that is
constantly
present. Does this mean anything?
The scissor tool has a "No go" sign right above it.

First complete the scissors 'curve' by clicking on the first control point. That
is still not a selection, you have the option to edit the curve in some way.

When satisfied then Enter or click inside the curve to make a selection.
Depending where you are on the canvas determines the icon 'action' symbol
(including a not possible) Look at the bottom of the Gimp window - the
information bar for what is possible.

If the selection is the wrong area try inverting Selection -> Invert before
deleting.

Yellow and black outline is a layer boundary, Useful to know, part of Gimp not
the image.

Screenshots seem not to work so a quick video, all of 3 minutes, should explain
enough for you to progress.

https://youtu.be/EHe0UpGH_tU

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)