Re: [Gimp-user] Exporting DDS for MS FSX Flight Sim

Hello,

there is at the moment no developer/maintainer for the DDS plugin, have a
look at this links:
https://www.gimp.org/news/2019/04/07/gimp-2-10-10-released/#dds-support
https://twitter.com/zemarmot/status/1080529391871016960

Regards,
Tobias

Am Do., 8. Aug. 2019 um 13:31 Uhr schrieb FR-153 <forums gimpusers com>:

I'm new to GIMP (2.10.12 with NormalMap win64 1.2.3 plugin) but long time
user
of PhotoShop CS6 with nVidia plugin for DDS files.  In nVidia's plugin for
PS,
to convert a file to DDS for MS Flight Simulator FSX, you set as 2D,
8.8.8.8
ARGB 32 Unsigned with no MIP maps and you need to flip vertically.

I have imported a known working PS (PSD) file into GIMP and am trying to
get the
DDS file converted in GIMP but cannot figure out the settings required by
the
NormalMap exporter.  For those that know MSFS X, the c182_t.dds gives an
all
black skin in FSX (aka unusable texture file).  I have tried to decrease
the
size/resolution of the file as well, with no success.  I might add, that
if I
examine the GIMP created dds file back in PS CS6, it looks normal, but it
will
not work in FSX.

Need some help on the NormalMap setup.  .

--
FR-153 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)