[Gimp-user] Bend text (currently image) and symmetrical cutout

Hi everyone!

New to Gimp and liking it thus far but I have two problems I would like some
tips in solving.

In the attached picture there is some text at the bottom I would like to bend
slightly to follow the curvature at the bottom of motive. I tried doing a path
and writing the text (Ii-Generationssittning) in Gimp, but it came out really
pixely. Thus, I downloaded the same text from a graphics generator to avoid
this. Now I am having a hard time getting this to bend along the edge.

Also, as you may notice, there is currently no background. I would to make a
symmetrical shape of what I have attached, with the image and text in the
center. I guess the end result would look something like a keyhole with the
image in the center. I have tried the ellipse tool with path to selection, but
that only allowed me to free form the edges, not make it symmetrical.

Very grateful for any tips in solving this.

Regards,

Johnny

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1032/original/picture.png