[Gimp-user] image perspective

I'm trying to wrap a label around an object. I am able to use the bend
curve tool to achieve a satisfactory result. It's not great but I'll
take it. I'm having a real problem using the perspective tool. Most of
the time the image (label) ends up shrinking too much. I viewed a
couple of tutorials where people are wrapping different kinds of
objects in labels. If I use an object i.e. jar or can that is similar
to the one in the tutorial the final image seems to come out okay. If
I have to use a random object the final image is a mess.  I'll post a
screenshot of my workspace. It may or may not help anyone come up with
a suggestion.  I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the
right direction.

Thanks

I would keep the upper and lower curves in the curve-bend filter parallel. If
you want to make adjustments, do them later.

There are other tools, warp-transform - not a wonderful choice or map-to-object
(cylinder) - can be effective but not so easy to use for this purpose.

This is just some of my thoughts, that might get you some sort of result.

https://youtu.be/GPykDXkU_Yw 5 minutes

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1023/original/label.jpg

--