Re: [Gimp-user] Question about batch process Selection

On 11/23/18 11:55 AM, CAPAI Andria via gimp-user-list wrote:
Hello,

I'm not really sure to ask at the right email adress but I try ^^.

My question is about to carry out a batch process on several picture I get.

All my pictures get a White background  (255,255,255)  and I would like to remove this background and getting
transparent picture. Obviously , I don't want to do that on 60 pictures .. So I was looking for plug in or
something like that to process these steps:

- Fuzzy selection --> click always at the same point on the picture (a corner of each picture)

- "Delete" the white background thanks to the Fuzzy selection

- Save picture (.png with transparent background)

Maybe it exists some script or some plug in which could help me ?

(PS: I'm really beginner in writting code on Script-fu )

In case, I contact the wrong user list please could you give me contact  in order to ask my question ?

This can be done very efficiently in CLI with ImageMagick:

    convert input.png \( -clone 0 -fill "#ffffff" -colorize 100 \) \( -clone 0,1 -compose difference -composite -separate +channel -evaluate-sequence max -auto-level \) -delete 1 -alpha off -compose over -compose copy_opacity -composite output.png

(that you can of course put in a plain shell script that lops over the files).

Otherwise see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44430081/how-to-run-python-scripts-using-gimpfu-from-windows-command-line/44435560#44435560