Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP user friendliness suggestion

On 2018-11-14 6:21 p.m., Anthony Dunk via gimp-user-list wrote:
my one big issue with this program is that it does not save to PNG or JPG unless you use the "Export" option. It would
be so much more intuitive if GIMP's "Save as" feature had PNG and JPG as file options.

It would be easy to change but it won't be changed. This has been discussed on many occasions in the past. Check the mailing list archives if you want to see the often rather lively debates that took place on this topic.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick