[Gimp-user] Batch Image Manipulation, it's time to implement it in GIMP

I used batch mode (David's Batch Processor) from within Gimp 2.8 and below often
as I send large numbers of  photos to relatives to keep them updated on family
matters.  I have also used BIMP (and tried to recompile it for Gimp 2.10 under
Ubuntu 18.04, but so far can not get it to compile).

I miss having some sort of batch mode, inbuilt into gimp.  Writing scripts to
run from a terminal as has been suggested is too  difficult for an
unsophisticated user such as myself.  The way I use DBP or Bimp is
non-destructive as I write the files out with a different name.

BIMP is a plug-in developed by Alessandro Francesconi who is not a
direct part of the GIMP team to my knowledge. There is already a
ticket posted on BIMP’s official Github repository about the
incompatibility
(https://github.com/alessandrofrancesconi/gimp-plugin-bimp/issues/171)
and Alessandro is currently working on getting it updated
(https://github.com/alessandrofrancesconi/gimp-plugin-bimp/issues/165#issuecomment-386209784).

As for if BIMP should be included in GIMP, it sort of already is. GIMP
has built in batch editing through the command line, see here
(https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Basic_Batch/).

- Kasim Ahmić

Sent from my iPhone

--