Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10 very slow

Le 09/05/2018 à 12:57, Shlomi Fish a écrit :
tried it in an 18.04 vm with gimp from this ppa -
http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2018/04/how-to-install-gimp-2-10-in-ubuntu-18-04-17-10-via-ppa/
- it runs quickly and wo any major problem.

on Ubuntu 17.10 I followed your link and installed this ppa's version
Gimp runs fine and takes about 2 or 3 seconds to launch the first time.

I'll keep this version and get rid of 2 other installed versions :
- snap version is the quicker and launches allmost instantly
but the menu's font is wrong (looks like some courrier font)
and there are right issues : i cant access folders and read files
- flatpak is the slower and takes 4-5 seconds the first time

With 16Go Ram
JL