Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10 very slow

Hi,

On Wed, 9 May 2018 11:06:55 +0300
Shlomi Fish <shlomif shlomifish org> wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, 07 May 2018 12:41:57 +0200
kmg545 <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

Having the same problem here on Ubuntu 18.04.

Opening preferences takes 20 seconds and when we changed some color ICC
settings it takes 2 minutes before I can go on.

just for the record, it is not so bad here on my mageia v7 x86-64 system:
preferences open in about 3 seconds the first time while my machine is loaded
with cpu intensive processes, and gimp seems responsive.

I can try that in an ubuntu 18.04 VM later. In the meanwhile you can try
profiling gimp using https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strace and other tools or
try running it in a new user.

tried it in an 18.04 vm with gimp from this ppa -
http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2018/04/how-to-install-gimp-2-10-in-ubuntu-18-04-17-10-via-ppa/

- it runs quickly and wo any major problem.