[Gimp-user] Question: printing metadata TITLE / CAPTION under the image as attached photos

Hi,

I am looking for a photo editor, that can help me *creating digitized
photos with documentation.*

Descriptive text on old, digitized photos, shown below the photo.
I'm currently working with old photos, which I want to document in a
good way.

1. I want to be able to enter a caption, to be displayed together with
     the image, and stored in metadata, see attached image.
2. I want to be able to create many searchable tags.

Will GIMP do it for me ??

The attached photos show what I mean, print metadata TITLE/CAPTION etc,
is that possible.??

Regards

"Gunnar - Swede"

<http://gimp.1065349.n5.nabble.com/file/t5044/Ingeborg_Hedstr%C3%B6m_mfl_-_exempel.jpg>