[Gimp-user] set a preset to a tool

I am sure you have saved the preset correctly. Just a run through.
Tried to show everything in one composite screenshot.

Set up the tool with all the options you want, brush, size..etc (1)

Click on New Tool Preset (2)

Which brings up the presets dialogue, give it a name (3)

Set any options, and save (4)

...and when you use the restore icon with the ***smudge tool active***
the entry is missing (5)

No real answer, it works here. You can check the preset, which is a
text file, in your Gimp profile

C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8\tool-presets\some-name.gtp example in
screenshot.

Hi,   Thank you.  I got the presets working.   One thing--   is there a way to
set up a shortcut to change presets for the same tool?

Cheers,
Terry

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/892/original/51PfzwL1wyL_copy_2.jpg