[Gimp-user] 2.10.0-RC1 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial)

Hello all,

I really want to use the newest release. I updated my software from the
ppa: https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/+archive/ubuntu/gimp-edge .

Yesterday evening the new rel. was build and published. However for my system (Xenial, 16.04) it was not updated due to a problem with glib (that's the way I understand) since december 2017.

I really want to use the new software what is your advise:
- wait until the Ubuntu release 18.04 (end of april) and upgrade Ubuntu
- wait until problem with glib is solved
- upgrade to 17.04?

Thanx for your thoughts.

Wiel