[Gimp-user] Removing white background from logo

Here's a simple logo. I need to delete the white background, so the
logo is floating by itself. I know I can use the scissors  tool to do
this, but considering what a simple 2 color logo this is. Is there an
easier way to do it?

The easy way, as below is Color -> Color to alpha, but taking in context of

That is actually a good logo. It is a vector graphic that can be scaled up or
down without loss of quality. You could open in Gimp and remove the background,
then copy / paste /scale into your project but that is not the best way for
quality.

The 'natural' size is US letter which guessing in too large. Using your CD
template (but could be say that CD case insert graphic)

screenshot https://i.imgur.com/vvO72kO.jpg

Determine the size required using the measure tool (1) in the graphic (2) which
will give a size in pixels (3)

File -> Open as layers the cindy larson.pdf and set the width (4) to a suitable
size based on your measurement. The height adjusts to suit, ignore the
resolution. Ok it (5)

https://i.imgur.com/vm8rWL1.jpg

Use the move tool (6) to move the layer into position. Use Colors ->
Color-to-Alpha, the default is already white so just OK it to make all White
transparent. If you adjust the position again make sure the move tool cursor is
on a solid part (or enable move the active layer)

Zoomed in looks like this.

https://i.imgur.com/Gou1rnq.jpg

There are other (possibly better) ways but at the moment that will confuse you.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)