[Gimp-user] Create icons from images

 Other Gimp users constantly post vids about how to use images to create
desktop icons using GIMP. I eventually realised that I had to rename the
file to .ico myself and then, contrary to the instructions I had to EXPORT
the photo and not simply SAVE it, things began to look rosy, until I viewed
the end result (see attached image), my icon is a cat between the normal
Telephone and Gimp icons! Please explain where I'm going wrong?

P.S as instructed I saved the file in *32x32* pixels and renamed it as CAT
*.ico*
Hope you can help and thank you for reading.