[Gimp-user] Open PDFs, keep original clarity

I have 12 PDFs of pictures of a map. I want to use GIMP or any other program to
stitch the pictures together.

When I open the PDFs in GIMP, the pictures have bad enough clarity that I cannot
read the words in the pictures anymore. I need to be able to read the words in
the pictures so that the map is usable.

I want to bring the PDFs into GIMP, or another program that I can use in Linux,
to stitch them together. I want the clarity of the pictures to be high quality
and file size is not an issue.

How do I do this?

Bruce

--