Re: [Gimp-user] Image Capture

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 12:34 AM, atticus wrote:
Hi. Is there a simple method (not using inversion, etc) by which I can create a
floating image of a book. I know it can be done but for the life of me, I can't
figure it out. I would be so grateful for some help.  I've attached an image.
What I would like to be able to do is select the volume in the upper part of the
image and have it be able to float on a black or white background. I should add
that I know how to do the few things I need to know how to do on Gimp, but
nothing beyond that. Thanks very much.

Personally, I have a hard time figuring out what "floating" here means.

Alex