[Gimp-user] Couple of issues in 2.10.2

Hi,

I've only just noticed the update to 2.10 (was on 2.8 before) and I'm
having a couple of issues which I assume are specific to me as I can't
see anyone else reporting them yet:

1) There are a few tools in the toolbox that don't bring up their
dialogue boxes until I click somewhere on the screen (e.g.
Brightness/Contrast, Threshold, Levels and Curves). So for example I
might click the [Brightness/Contrast] icon in the toolbox but it looks
like nothing has happened. I then have to click anywhere on screen at
which point the dialogue box appears. If I do the same thing but via
the dropdown menu (i.e. click on Colors>Brightness-Contrast) the
dialogue box appears immediately. Is this the way it's supposed to
behave?

2) When I use the [Free Select] tool, it doesn't update my selection.
It's a bit weird to explain but let's say I already have something
selected (like a rectangle) but then use Free Select to draw a
different shape, it doesn't register that a new selection has been
made.  The only way I can get it to register my newly drawn shape is
to switch tools (like click on Fuzzy Select and then back again to
Free Select, at which point it updates my selection). I've added a
screenshot to try and show what I mean. The same thing then happens if
I try and draw another selection - I have to switch tools again to get
GIMP to acknowledge that I've changed selection and update it so the
marching ants appear.

Have I got a strange selection set in prefs or something? It
definitely didn't behave like this for me in 2.8.

(this is on Win 10/64 bit btw)

1) That is strange because that is the way it works in my Gimp 2.8.22 so no
surprise here.

2) The free select in 2.10 can add another click or two. Easiest way to make the
selection active is hit the enter key.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)