[Gimp-user] Couple of issues in 2.10.2

Hi,

I've only just noticed the update to 2.10 (was on 2.8 before) and I'm having a
couple of issues which I assume are specific to me as I can't see anyone else
reporting them yet:

1) There are a few tools in the toolbox that don't bring up their dialogue boxes
until I click somewhere on the screen (e.g. Brightness/Contrast, Threshold,
Levels and Curves). So for example I might click the [Brightness/Contrast] icon
in the toolbox but it looks like nothing has happened. I then have to click
anywhere on screen at which point the dialogue box appears. If I do the same
thing but via the dropdown menu (i.e. click on Colors>Brightness-Contrast) the
dialogue box appears immediately. Is this the way it's supposed to behave?

2) When I use the [Free Select] tool, it doesn't update my selection. It's a bit
weird to explain but let's say I already have something selected (like a
rectangle) but then use Free Select to draw a different shape, it doesn't
register that a new selection has been made.  The only way I can get it to
register my newly drawn shape is to switch tools (like click on Fuzzy Select and
then back again to Free Select, at which point it updates my selection). I've
added a screenshot to try and show what I mean. The same thing then happens if I
try and draw another selection - I have to switch tools again to get GIMP to
acknowledge that I've changed selection and update it so the marching ants
appear.

Have I got a strange selection set in prefs or something? It definitely didn't
behave like this for me in 2.8.

(this is on Win 10/64 bit btw)

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/952/original/bug.jpg