Re: [Gimp-user] Python script

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:32 AM, Alexander V. Kalachev via gimp-user-list <
gimp-user-list gnome org> wrote:

Dear list members,

I wrote a script that adds an outline to the text. The script works as I
expected with on exception. When it finished, it removes all textual
information and converts the text into graphics. Could anyone give me an
advice how to modify the script in order to keep the textual information
unchanged? The script itself below.

The layer will fail to be a text layer after being changed by any tool or
plug-in which is not the text tool.  The text becomes just another painted
layer.

Perhaps a different software will retain the textural information, but not
GIMP.

carol