Re: [Gimp-user] TIF Layers

It is also be for a different mailing list/forum, but there are good, free, and Gimpp-friendly alternatives to Canon DPP, such as RawTherapee or Darktable :-)

Thank you! Yes, I'm aware of and love (and use, and prefer) both of those programs... but DPP has the "digital lens optimizer" which seems to do some specific magic thing (presumably with proprietary/protected manufacturer knowledge of their lenses) that I can't seem to duplicate in other software (including lightroom, capture one, etc.). It's not always good to use it, but often it is. But I get closer every day to abandoning it.

Anyway, like you say, different mailing list. Thanks, -c