[Gimp-user] TIF Layers

I am new to photo editing. When I open a TIF file in GIMP created by
Canon's Digital Photo Professional, I find that there are two pages
that can be opened as either two images or as layers. When opened as
layers, Page 1 is shown as a very small copy of the other Page and
appears in the upper left-hand corner. What is Page 1, and what do I
do with it?

BillyT

It is an embedded thumbnail image, used by some image management applications to
save loading that monster main image. Speeds navigation up.

Ignore it. If you have it as a layer, you can safely delete the layer. Otherwise
do not open in the beginning. You can select the 'page' to use in the Gimp tif
import dialogue.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)