[Gimp-user] Combining Images

Rich, I would like to apologize, sincerely. I lashed out quite rudely.
But from my perspective, you were being very insulting.  Not everyone
takes to this as easy as you do. You should keep that in mind.

Now, on to business. I followed your video to the T. But unlike your
video, I was left with this:

As you can see there's still an outline of where it used to be--how do
I fix that?

I know what you have done (or not done)

That will vanish  vanished when you kill the selection Select -> None.

Also will vanish when you export the image to a png.

Just for info. Gimp saves in  .xcf format which saves all layers, active
selections, paths, masks etc. Ready to pick up again for more editing.  When
completely finished export to some format png (preserves transparency) jpg
(losses transparency) then other types for various purposes.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)