[Gimp-user] Combining Images

I appreciate your reply; however, as I followed the steps, the white
background still shows up. Any way to cut out the lettering and then
make it transparent?

Are you sure you added a alpha layer to the logo right at the start?

All sorts of ways to get a result.

Open the logo select the white background. Invert the selection, shrink the
selection, copy the selection.

Open the background image, paste in the logo, move to position. Make the
floating selected layer a new layer. Adjust transparency if required.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)