[Gimp-user] Need to read EXIF from a plugin

I'm trying to write a Python plugin for Gimp (2.8) that extracts an EXIF value
and displays it on the image, e.g. the OriginalDateTime. So far I haven't been
able to find anything I can call from the plugin that will read and parse the
EXIF data, at least not without going back to the original image file. There has
to be a better way than that or finding the EXIF parasite attachment and parsing
it myself.

--
NeverARobot (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)