Re: [Gimp-user] Need to read EXIF from a plugin

On 06/06/18 22:53, NeverARobot wrote:
I'm trying to write a Python plugin for Gimp (2.8) that extracts an EXIF value
and displays it on the image, e.g. the OriginalDateTime. So far I haven't been
able to find anything I can call from the plugin that will read and parse the
EXIF data, at least not without going back to the original image file. There has
to be a better way than that or finding the EXIF parasite attachment and parsing
it myself.

Not in 2.8 (but is wise to write 2.8 plugins?). There is an API for this in 2.10.