[Gimp-user] Best way to make odd shaped Text boxes

snip
snip

Wrong assumption. Gimp is not a word processor

There is no easy way with Gimp it is a bitmap editor not a universal
graphics tool.

I thought the old text tool might make things easier for you,
obviously not. So forget that.

I am using Gimp 2.10.2 so little bits like the text box handles
(little squares in the corners) look different but the operation is
the same.

Draw the text box, paste the text in. If the length of the text is too
large with the set font size, there is no easy way. Reduce the size of
the font, **start again**.

Your inverted L is actually easier than most.

Paste the text in

Set the justification to filled.

Go to the start of each line in turn and use the TAB key to indent the
text. Just keep tapping TAB until the text moves. Should not be any
need to use Enter to break a line.

That is about the best I can advise. While you can do this in Gimp,
the correct tool for the job is the freeware DTP application Scribus.

Thanks for all the great advise. Since this was a pretty simple shape, I decided
to just make 2 text boxes. In this situation it ended up being quicker, simpler,
and I can adjust the font size without things going haywire. It's always nice to
see if there's better approach, but low tech seemed to be best for this one for
me this time.

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)