[Gimp-user] Best way to make odd shaped Text boxes

What's the best way to make an odd shaped text box. In this particular
case. I want something like this

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          xxxxxxxxxx
                          xxxxxxxxxx

Of course it'll have way more lines. I'd like the shape, so if I
change the size or style of the font, it will just wrap around the
shape.

I think GIMP is able to make really odd shaped boxes with curves and
such also. What are my options?

The shape I made with the XX's doesn't show up correctly, yet if you hit reply,
you do see it in the quoted text in the correct shape. What I'm wanting to do is
a shape like an upside down capital L

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)