[Gimp-user] Help With Jacked Up Images

Well Thank You! I'm going to try out those suggestions.

A quick way is just duplicate the layer and put the top layer into
overlay or multiply mode - one is lighter than the other but both
reinforce the colours. screenshot https://i.imgur.com/2R29QRb.jpg You
can then do a New-from-Visible to keep the result and work on from
there.

Then as a suggestion, a multi-function plugin gmic from www.gmic.eu
Not going to recommend any particular filter there are scores but just
mess around, there is a decent size preview to show the result and a
reset button at the top if you need to start again and a little
fave(orite) button at the bottom if you want to save some settings.
https://i.imgur.com/gYC03BV.jpg

I have gone a bit over the top with this:
https://i.imgur.com/61FRg1H.jpg spoiled the shadows, just to give some
indication.

--
Philbeaux (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)