[Gimp-user] Resynthesizer plug-in on Mac gives error messages and the links to post on the Resynthesizer pages are broken

Greetings. I am trying to get the Resynthesizer plug-in to work on my Mac:

Pro Macbook 15" 2017

16 GB RAM

macOS 10.13.2, 64-bit

Gimp 2.8.22, 64-bit

Although there is no explicit mention of a Mac version of the Resynthesizer
plug-in, I know that Mac is unix based, so to get the plug-in installed, I
downloaded the Linux version from:

http://registry.gimp.org/node/27986

Installed to:

~/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.8/plug-ins/

Then, in Terminal:

cd ~/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.8/plug-ins/

chmod u+x *

Launched Gimp 2.8.22 for macOS, the plug-ins appeared to load into the
program

Loaded a .jpg into Gimp 2.8.22

Drew a marquee around a small section of the image

Then went to:

Filters > Enhance > Heal Selection...

but then I received the following two error messages:

==

ERROR MESSAGE 1: MIDDLE OF SCREEN

An error occurred running python_fu_heal_selection

error: procedure not found

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File
"/Applications/GIMP.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py",
line 736, in response

    dialog.res = run_script(params)

  File
"/Applications/GIMP.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py",
line 361, in run_script

    return apply(function, params)

  File "/Users/andrej/Library/Application
Support/GIMP/2.8/plug-ins/plugin-heal-selection.py", line 148, in
heal_selection

    pdb.plug_in_resynthesizer(timg, tdrawable, 0,0, useBorder,
work_drawable.ID, -1, -1, 0.0, 0.117, 16, 500)

error: procedure not found

ERROR MESSAGE 2: UPPER LEFT CORNER

GIMP Message

Calling error for procedure 'gimp-procedural-db-proc-info':

Procedure 'plug-in-resynthesizer' not found

==

For a picture of the screenshot, see:

http://i68.tinypic.com/2ykl1mf.png

There is no way for me to contact the authors at
http://registry.gimp.org/node/27986, and their forum links are down.

I was not sure who to contact to ask for help. So, I went to Gimp.org and
saw that "If you want to contact us by e-mail, then post to the
gimp-developer mailing list." So, that is why I am posting here.

1. Who do I contact to ask for help on the Resynthesizer plug-in on a Mac?

2. Why am I receiving these error messages?