[Gimp-user] no fonts in folder in contents

Hi,
I would like to have fewer fonts in my Gimp.  Many seem to repeat.  I
went to applications/GIMP/Contents/Resources/share/gimp/2.0/fonts.
There are zero items there.   Where should I look now?   I have Gimp
2.8.22
Thank you,
Terry

Yes, there was a font folder in my user library and it had one font
which I put in  and four documents like fonts.list     fonts.scale

You need an OSX user to give a proper answer.

Gimp does not come with any fonts. It uses the fonts installed in the system,
which might be very many. In linux I can disable many of the never-used fonts to
reduce the number seen by Gimp.

This is reasonably up-to-date and might give a clue to a suitable font manager.
(w*w*w.jklstudios.com/misc/osxfonts.html un-mux the url - it kicked in some sort
of protection by the forum software)

Any fonts that *only* you will only use with Gimp should go in your gimp
profile. Something like /Users/MyName/Library/Application Support/Gimp/2.8/fonts
if that is what is used these days.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)