[Gimp-user] Shadows/Highlights

Hello,

I'm relatively new to GIMP and Ubuntu.  I am moving away from using photoshop/windows.  I'm a life long
photographer and have developed a work flow in photoshop.
With learning the structure of GIMP, I'm of course wanting to recreate my work flow.

The one feature of photoshop I have come to rely on heavily is the Shadows/Highlights function.  It is
extremely important to me.
With it I can adjust and preserve the detail in shadow and highlight areas of an image to approximate what I
actually saw.

But, I can't seem to find something similar in Gimp.  Can someone point me to the area of Gimp that may
provide this?

Thanks in advance !!!!

Julie B
Drums and Percussion