[Gimp-user] insert colored rectangle with text

insert colored rectangle with text
I need to insert a rectangle with text in an image. I have created the
rectangle, but when I paste it into the image it loses its color and becomes
transparent. The text shows, but it is not black like it is in the image I have
created. It is made up of little squares instead.

I would also like to have lines of a different color than the background of the
rectangle on the top and bottom as borders. It's for a header image on a web
site I am building.

Thank you!

--
jphyde (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)