Re: [Gimp-user] insert colored rectangle with text

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 5:18 PM, jphyde <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

insert colored rectangle with text
I need to insert a rectangle with text in an image. I have created the
rectangle, but when I paste it into the image it loses its color and
becomes
transparent. The text shows, but it is not black like it is in the image I
have
created. It is made up of little squares instead.

GIMP has a fairly flexible texttool, maybe you can create the text on the
image
instead of inserting it.

GIMP text layers are transparent with whatever color of text that you choose
so effects under the text would have to be made separately.  You can
duplicate
the text layer and make the effects right on that.  The duplicated layer
will no
longer be a text layer but will be the same size as the text layer.  All
layers can
be moved up and down via the Layers dialog.

carol