Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP License/Copyright Question

On Tue, 2018-02-06 at 20:31 +0000, Eric Sarver wrote:
I would like to know if files that I create with GIMP [...] will
remain under my property or ownership and that I can distribute
these characters/images under a copyrighted license to prohibit
others from using my work, in other words when I distribute these
images online or somewhere, do the images remain my intellectual
property?

Yes, the images remain your intellectual property, including Moral
Rights and Copyright.

A "derivative work" of GIMP would be for example another image editor -
that part of the GPL doesn't apply to things made _with_ GIMP, but only
to things made _out of_ GIMP, using Gimp's parts.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Staff contact for Verifiable Claims WG, SVG WG, XQuery WG

Web slave for http://www.fromoldbooks.org/