Re: [Gimp-user] Exporting my Finished Work

On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 06:35:22PM +0100, avalier wrote:
I have finished a design. Now I need to export in a Jpeg file. However, when I
attempt to export I get a notice box;

[ The given filename does not have any known file extension.
Please enter a known file extension or select a file format from the file format
list.]

See attached

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/810/original/Export.PNG

You appear to be trying to save the file as
Shark Bate Blue.jpeg
and the prompt lists *.jpeg as a valid variant (although I always
export as .jpg) so try removing the spaces from the filename.

On linux, or any other 'nix system, spaces in filenames are nothing
but trouble, so I suspect they might be breaking the export function
for you.

But, you appear to have a transparent background.  Does that get
automatically removed in a jpeg ?

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.