[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10 autocrop equivalent

It is the alpha channel which interferes.

1. Using the Gimp 2.10 measure tool for straightening, recommend set
"Clipping" to clip.

2. Apply that and then consider the background colour. If it is white
as your example the skip the next. Photographs often have an off-white
value .

3. If needed, colour-pick the background color and then Layer ->
Transparency -> Remove alpha channel. That should give a solid uniform
background.

4. Apply zealous crop or crop to content.

A better way for the background colour might be using the
resynthesizer/heal-transparency plugins. (***don't use*** the
registry-plugin deb package for this, grab them separately) then
remove alpha.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Thanks for the tip about resynthesizer.  I downloaded and compiled it and it
works:):)  Something I use quite frequently :)

:):)

--
mgwong (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)