[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10 autocrop equivalent

Dear Helpers

I have recently updated to Gimp 2.10 (under Ubuntu 18.04). I use Gimp
extensively for processing photos.  One very common problem is having the photo
tilted by a few degrees.  It is easy to straighten it using the rotate tool or
the new way via the measurement tool.  In Gimp 2.8 it used to be very easy to
crop off any excess using the autocrop tool.  However nothing I have tried works
that way in Gimp 2.10.

I created a small image to demonstrate what happens.  On the left is my "photo"
a bit out of whack;). IN the middle is a screen shot of the image after
rotation.  The third is what I would like, which autocrop under Gimp 2.8 would
create.   In GImp 2.10, if I "crop to content" (under Image menu item) then I
get an error message saying "cannot crop because the image is already cropped to
content". Using "crop to selection" then the grey border inside the yellow
dotted lines disappears which is what one would expect.  I would like the crop
to be such that it crops off the outer section plus  all the transparent
sections.

I have searched for an answer but could not get the results as described in
http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-user/20922-crop-to-selection-not-working

Any help would be much appreciated:)

Thanks

Margaret