Re: [Gimp-user] Image doesn't move smoothly

On 04/21/2018 03:16 PM, Øyvind Kolås wrote:

Updating the display as quick as possible after receiving motion
events, rather than rendering everything and updating at a low
frame-rate, is a known feature - not a bug. Until things are fast
enough to do 15fps of the entire viewport - for instance with GIMP
integrating with and using the mipmap based preview-rendering
infrastructure in GEGL, always waiting until we have a full "frame" to
present will significantly increase latency leading to a worse user
experience than presenting as much rendered content as soon as
possible.

/pippin

So there's eyeballs on this and nothing's broken, just a tad bit slow in
some instances due to the overhead of accurate rendering of very large
data sets remapped from Here to There.  I can live with that.  Have for
many years without seeing it as a problem.  :D