[Gimp-user] Image doesn't move smoothly

I decided to give gimp another go. I've updated my video and run an ok pc with
decent stats but when I use gimp and try to move any image, of any size or
resolution the image lags when i position it. even on simple single color
layers. If i make a red box and try to move it the image is so choppy it looks
like Im watching a picture download circa 1995.

Any idea? I don't have this problem when I run Pixlr and when I ran my demo of
photoshop.

--
Brombur (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)