[Gimp-user] Changing the text on this image

Hi,
I am new to Gimp2 and have an image on my website that I want to
change.

I only have the final jpg file that I have attached.

On this image, it says the word "Webinar" to change that, I guess I
would need
need to replicate the color and go over the word to effectively "rub
it out" and then make the text and place it.

Which tools should I use ?
Do I need to add layers etc. ?

Any guidance much appreciated.

Thanks.
David

As well as all the other great advice you have been receiving.

When it comes to replacing the text with the perspective deform tool, use
Text-to-Path and deform the path (text outline). That way, you will eventually
get a 'crisper' result for the text.

A short video 4 mins as a demo. https://youtu.be/ghiYM35DKGs quick so do not
blink

rich: www.gimp-forum.net