[Gimp-user] Cleaning scanned magazine pages

In addition to what you suggest, you might also try putting a sheet of  black
paper under the magazine page you are scanning (between the pages).
The scanner may give you a better starting image. This has worked for me
countless times over the years.

Rick S.

What an extraordinary suggestion, never heard about this before. I have ordered
black sheets although it will take five days for them to be delivered.

I must say I have mixed feeling about this. Brilliant if it works but it also
means I have to scan every page again.

Well, we'll see. I'll report back when it's been tested.

Thank you, Rick.

--
MrNiceButDim (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)