[Gimp-user] Batch combining multiple open images into one "contact sheet" - a lost script from years ago

Just remembering some of the 'wrinkles'.

As a linux user you should be ok, but the script downloads as a .tar
(*T*ape*AR*chive) file. That unpacks straight to a .scm file but any
Windows users reading this, might be baffled by the format.

I remember some years back on another forum, users (claiming to)
losing work with the script, Same as all work, save frequently, make
backups.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Rich, thank you again for answering my question and my apologies for a pretty
late reply. I have been trying to absorb Linux technical mishaps with everything
else and decided I should maybe just walk away from the computer for a while.

IGLO is the exact script I was thinking of, it still looks the same and works
quite well. It's still a little moody and can take some non-intuitive tweaking
to get exactly the layout you want but  does the job.

I will also try the Montage grid angle (is there anything GMIC can't do?). And
programmer_ceds, thank you for even more options to do this, I now have 3 tools
to hack about with. Thank you guys!

--
bolete (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)