[Gimp-user] Batch combining multiple open images into one "contact sheet" - a lost script from years ago

You might also be remembering the contactsheet Python script. Download
contactsheet-v2.16.py from http://registry.gimp.org/node/120.

I have just tried the copy I downloaded some years ago and it now fails but it
can be made to work with two simple edits.

In the lines that start (PF_DIRNAME change the final parameter from an empty
string to "/tmp". This specifies a default directory (which doesn't even have to
exist) and prevents the script failing (thanks to this page for the solution
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40821245/python-fu-fails-on-directory-selection-pf-dirname)

To start with I thought that the file names weren't being printed but then
noticed that both foreground and background colours were set to white!

The script appears as Filters/Batch/Contact Sheet V2.15 (even though it is
V2.16)

This works in V2.8.22 but in V2.9.6 it fails to recognize WHITE_FILL in the line
bklayer.fill(WHITE_FILL) - to fill the background of the contact sheet with the
background colour change the line to read bklayer.fill(1). This edit also works
in V2.8.22. Is there a defined constant or enum that will work in both versions?

Also for some reason the script works MUCH faster in V2.8.22 than it does in
V2.9.6

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)