Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP ---> Pixi: suggested name change

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Ofnuts <ofnuts gmx com> wrote:
On 05/28/17 00:34, mdn wrote:

Le 27/05/2017 23:24, Ofnuts a écrit :

On 05/27/17 17:47, mdn wrote:

Because recursive acronyms aren't funny ?
GIMP
Gnu Image Manipulator Program

GIMP Is My Photoshop....

Heresy
But very nice find X)

I would have preferred GINP, as in "GINP Is Not Photoshop"

I'm sure it's been said before --

Geek's Image Manipulation Program

--
Joel Rees

One of these days I'll get someone to pay me
to design a language that combines the best of Forth and C.
Then I'll be able to leap wide instruction sets with a single #ifdef,
run faster than a speeding infinite loop with a #define,
and stop all integer size bugs with a bare cast.

More of my delusions:
http://reiisi.blogspot.com/2017/05/do-not-pay-modern-danegeld-ransomware.html
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/p/novels-i-am-writing.html